Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I lost my balance and fell yesterday. I landed on my head

Customer Question

I lost my balance and fell yesterday. I landed on my head with the impact just above my right eye, at the end of the eyebrow. There is tenderness and swelling. I've had a low grade headache that won't quit and I have felt constant nausea.
Should I seek emergency room/walk-in clinic help? Or just ice the area and take Tylenol?
Thanks,
Brian Metcald
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Hello Brian Metcald,

Sorry to know about the mishap.

The decision to go to the ER would depend on other associated symptoms such as any loss of consciousness, altered speech, altered sensorium, altered gait, weakness in any part of the limbs. If there are no such symptoms and headache and nausea are the only symptoms presently, then I guess you can take an analgesic such as Tablet Tylenol, 500 mg , one tablet twice a day for 2-3 days. You can apply ice to reduce the swelling and pain.

Hope you get better soon and have a good day!

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist