Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I had a Cornea transplant done in late January 2015 on

Customer Question

I had a Cornea transplant done in late January 2015 on August 12 ,I had some stiches removed and later on that day I got punched in the eye where I consequently had an open blobr injury. I had surgical repair on August 15th 2015 and since all of this I have become blind in my left eye. (Nlp). Is it likely for some vision to return or should I prepare to be blind or low vision in my left eye for the rest of my life? Thanks, Anna
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Open globe* sorry typo
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. I am an ophthalmologist.

Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

That all depends on why you are blind in that eye.

Can you tell me more?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I explained why in the question. You just didn't answer. I stated I had an open globe injury and had to surgery to repair it. Since my eye was injured I've been NLP. I stated the same thing in my original post
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There was retina damage as well.