Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Is there available corrective eyeglasses for persons with

Customer Question
age related AMD?...
Is there available corrective eyeglasses for persons with age related AMD?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
8/27/2015
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question.

Glasses cannot help in improving the distance vision if there is wet ARMD. However the near vision for reading and writing can be improved with the help of low visual aids. Optometrists are trained in this and can help you select one which is suitable for your requirement.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Dr Desai,
Thanks forthe advice and I will get the help of a competent optometrist,
Jerry Cantor

Dear ***** Cantor,

Glad to have assisted you. I hope you get to use the most suitable low visual aid which will improve the quality of near vision.

Best wishes and regards

Dr.A.S.Desai

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist