Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have red and glassy eyes. How can I treat this problem.

Customer Question

I have red and glassy eyes. How can I treat this problem. I've had lasik surgery 10 years ago and have chronic dry eyes which have graduated to glassy eyes.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
You will need a fairly comprehensive approach after a complete diagnostic workup of the various issues that are contributing to your severe dry eyes.
I suggest you consult with a cornea specialist. It is possible that you would benefit from a multi-tier approach incorporating medications such as restasis into your treatment protocol, as well as surgical interventions such as punctal occlusion or even lateral tarsorrhaphy.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS