Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I've been diagnosed with meniers disease can't work or drive

Customer Question

I've been diagnosed with meniers
disease can't work or drive go anywhere by myself what is out there that could possibly get me capable of doing those things again honestly can't keep living like this I've always worked and hard jobs but so far I'm not getting help to pay bills I want to work I can't even go to grocery store without helpI've gone to enter doc hearing test cat scan test Mr I test next is neuro do eye tests and pictures were done I don't know what's look eat this is not me I love working help me in right direction
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
It sounds like you have gotten very good care so far...but yet you are suffering and disabled.
So. Who can you turn to next to see if there is any cutting-edge research or treatment available that might help?
I suggest you go to a Large University Teaching Hospital and talk to the experts-expert who deals just with Meniere's disease. Why a teaching hospital? Because At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.
The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.
I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get the very best, ***** ***** most advanced treatment for your meniere's .
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need more info I gave u all I could I know your busy but I want to be healthy again these docs r saying I won't so I need to know where to go besides Minnesota I something closer to my srea
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can't afford more time or money on this because don't have it but can't keep going the way I am
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm at my wits ends can't drive can't walk far without falling over where do I go from here
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Any University Teaching Hospital that is affiliated with a Medical school should work. There should be one in a large city near you.
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS