Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have had something in my eye for about a year now i dont

Customer Question

hi i have had something in my eye for about a year now i dont know how to explain its that my eye starts iching and sometimes i take out strands of either spider web or its strands of fluff like of a towel or something like that
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the question.

Your symptoms are suggestive of allergic conjunctivitis. It is characterised by itching, redness, ropy discharge. It can be seasonal or perennial. The exact allergen may or may not be known and could be anything from dust to pollen in the air. You can use Alaway/Zaditor eye drops, 1 drop twice a day for 3-4 weeks along with Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day( both are available over the counter). If symptoms persist despite treatment then it is better to consult your ophthalmologist for start of Pataday eye drops.