Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My son poked his eye with a toy and i put ice on it and he

Customer Question
went to bed a couple...
My son poked his eye with a toy and i put ice on it and he went to bed a couple hours later and then woke up crying that his eye hurt. He said the light hurt it so i didn't get a good look at it so i gave him some Ibuprofen and he fell back asleep. Should i take him to the ER?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
7/11/2015
Eye Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

If he is asleep now then wait and first thing this AM you may call and have him seen at an opthalmologist office. I would suspect that a cornea scratch may be the issue. Other injury is possible. Most scratches of cornea do heal very quickly.. I think best to have him checked by opthalmologist but at this hour I think best to avoid the ER route...

I hope that this is helpful! let me know if you have further questions or discussion! I will be happy to get back with you! Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist