Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I also found two very small perfectly round black spots within

Customer Question

I also found two very small perfectly round black spots within the colored part of my left eye. Could this also be freckle, or something else?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
These are most likely iris nevi. In the vast majority of cases they are nothing to worry about at all.
The best way to be 110% sure? Have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist. She will examine your iris at the slit lamp before you are dilated and will easily be able to tell if these spots are suspicious.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.