Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My ears and throat have been sore and scratchy for quite

Customer Question

My ears and throat have been sore and scratchy for quite awhile now. Sometimes my throat and ears will itch with slight pressure. This is something I have never experienced. I am worried I have cancer of the throat or esophagus. I don't have a fever. I also wonder if it's not allergies; although I don't have itchy eyes or sneezing. I feel like I do have some drainage occasionally especially in the mornings. I am deficient in vitamins D and Iron and have been low in b12 in the past *vitamin d/iron chronically* I feel like I clear my throat quite a bit. I have anxiety and panic disorder. My tongue seems inflamed (teeth marks on the side) and it's pale and burns.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also have insomnia and hardly sleep.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

How long has this been going on for?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
From what you have posted, I very, very much doubt that you have cancer.
You are probably also chewing on the edges of your tongue.
So. What should you do?
Talk to your psychiatrist and let her know that your anxiety is not under good control at this time. She should be able to help you by using a combination of medication and talk therapy.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS