Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I was diagnosed with the Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)

Customer Question
Hello...I am Paul and I...
Hello...I am Paul and I was diagnosed with the Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP) disease...I want to know please if there is something to stop the evolution of the disease...Please...I'm desperate
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
7/6/2015
Eye Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
This is Dr. David
I am sorry for your diagnosis of Retinitis Pigmentosa
there are clinical trails all over the USA looking for patients to participate in a clinical trail
http://www.blindness.org/blog/index.php/uci-stem-cell-pioneer-poised-to-launch-clinic-trial-for-rp-patients/
there are stem cell clinical trails opening
http://www.blindness.org/blog/index.php/what-potential-participants-should-know-about-clinical-trials/#more-4177
https://www.centerwatch.com/clinical-trials/listings/condition/787/retinitis-pigmentosa
various supplements, such as Vitamin A, DHA, and Lutein, have been studied to try to slow down this disease process.
I would look into a clinical trail
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician