Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have been wearing glasses for the past 16 years. Three…

Customer Question
Hello I have been wearing glasses...
Hello
I have been wearing glasses for the past 16 years. Three years ago, i checked my eyes to see if my sight changed and the result was -3.00 on right and -2.75 on left. Then i checked it again last month and the result was -3.50 on right eye and -2.75 on left then the doctor gave me glasses accordingly. However, i felt that my left eye was weak compared to the right but i ignored it for a while then i went back to the doctor and rechecked. The doctor made a miatake nd my left eye was -3.00 not -2.75 then he gave me new glasses after couple of days.
My question is, i am feeling alot of discomfort on mu eyes. I would say it is more like confusion in my eyes and weird feeling like my concentration is not right. Is that normal? Please keep in mind that after the doctor made a miatake he assured me this time that the results are 100% accurate and he repeated it to be sure
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
6/24/2015
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

BYes, some amount of discomfort is expected when a new prescription is given. Since the poeer is slightly higher, the much sharper, brighter image

Would give the eye discomfort. However the eye will get used to the new prescription . Give yourself another 2 to 3 weeks for getting used to the new prescription.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist