Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Since an eye injury in 2009 my vision in my right eye is…

Customer Question
Hello since an eye injury in...
Hello
since an eye injury in 2009 my vision in my right eye is worse than ever
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Eye
Hello, Since an eye injury in 2009 the vision in my right eye has gotten worse than ever. I also get pain when tring to focus on object and light sensitivity is bad. what could be the cause of this my ophthalmologist cannot find a cause or verify a vision loss
6/22/2015
Eye Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
have you had an MRI of the brain?
No, no MRI has been done
You absolutely need an MRI of the brain.
The trauma could have caused damage to the brain or optic nerve that your doctor cannot see
not recently but at the time of the injury they did one and it proved ok. Along with constant on and off inflammation and pain the eye has had chronic infections and sudden stabing type pain from the back of the eye?
I think you need a repeat MRI at this point
the area that was damaged may have looked normal initially
my current opthalmologist has done many eye exams to the back of the eye and no resolution to what the cause of the vision loss
currently20/2000
the eye does look normal and looks as if nothing wrong, how is this possible?
mainly pain at night and severe light sensitivity
I have recently been diagnosed diabetic but the vision problem started after the injury not recently
You have to make sure the optic nerve is okay with an MRI
it could be your optic nerve...in your brain