How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11313
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I suffer from an inflamed right ear that is clogged, sores

Customer Question

I suffer from an inflamed right ear that is clogged, sores in mouth, rashes on face and upperchest burning in back right side roof of mouth. nasal drip set off by eating, and the right eye always has the sensation of watering, when it really isn't. And right eye is very sensitive to bright light. the ability to taste has been seriously compromised
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
How long has this been going on for?
What have you done to try and make things better?
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
going on for 6 yrs. I have taken many medications, oral sprays, mouthwashes. I put medication in my eye everyday from my doc at John's Hopkins. that does help my eye, but none of the other things have; I take Lipitor, heart medicines, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it has been being on for 6yrs. I have taken many medications ,oral sprays ,mouthwashes, nothing helped. I do put medicine in my eye everyday, from my doc at John's Hopkins, and that does help; o tale Lipitor.heart medicines etc.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
If the doctors at John's Hopkins can't help you then -- I'm afraid -- modern medicine has no solution.
The only thing you can do is get along as best as you can or, possibly, turn toward alternate medicine, acupuncture etc.
I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was pretty much what we expected
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, Life can be like that at times :(
I wish you the very best. Have a good weekend.
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS