Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

After using the antiinflammatory drops n anti infective

Customer Question

After using the antiinflammatory drops n anti infective drops after cataract procedure, the eye became dry since dr doesn't want to use the eye moisturizer same time as the two drops. Now the eye became dry n red after suffering for two wks. N there is inflammation. Is the inflammation due to dry eye or still because of surgery.thanks
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
The surgery inflammation would normally be pretty low at this point.
I suggest you use the eye moisturizer drops, just wait at least five minutes after using your pred forte drops, otherwise you can use the lubricating/artificial tear drops as much as you like.
You might also want to call your eye surgeon in the morning and let her know that your eye is still red and irritated just to be on the safe side.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS