Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

My left eye lids has been twitching month now, what

Customer Question

my left eye lids has been twitching for a month now, what can i do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 2 years ago.
Eyelid twitching is called eyelid myokymia. In most cases it is a harmless condition which occurs due to misfiring of impulses at the neuromuscular junction. However it does not last forever and disapoears over time. It can vary from few days to few months. The more you get worried about it, the more longer it persists. It gradually disappears on ignoring it. You can take Tablet B Complex as it helps in propagation of nerve impulses.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist