Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I went to an optomotrist last week and although he was

Customer Question
intelligent, he was also very...
I went to an optomotrist last week and although he was intelligent, he was also very sloppy. He cough into his hands and never washed them. His 5 year old grandson repeatedly interrupted him in the exam room. What I want to know if this is against and HIPPA. Law. I did sign one at the office. He also pressured me into seeing a certain eye surgeon because be found a cataract. This was all very strange and would like to know if he did violate HIPPA or he is just sloppy. Thanks.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2015
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 3 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
No. This is not against HIPPA law.
There is also no need for you to go to the eye surgeon he recommended. As a matter of fact, I would cancel that appointment and pick an eye surgeon of your own choosing for a second opinion concerning your possible need to have the cataract treated.
Sounds like he is just sloppy...
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS