Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had a pterygium removed a few years ago with a graft of my

Customer Question
own tissue which worked wonderfully...
I had a pterygium removed a few years ago with a graft of my own tissue which worked wonderfully. My dr retired and his partner removed the other three and used an amniotic graft. The one I had removed 4 weeks ago is still horribly red with swollen tissue and very uncomfortable while the outside ones are just red. He said that he will remove the excess tissue from the inflamed one and replace the graft with my own tissue and cauterize the blood vessels on the others as they are still red after two months. Does this sound acceptable or should I see someone else
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
5/21/2015
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
That sounds like a very good plan to me.
No need seek out another doctor.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD