Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I am concerned about the headaches I am having and was just

Customer Question
told my eye pressure could...
I am concerned about the headaches I am having and was just told my eye pressure could be too high, what can I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
5/20/2015
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .
Narrow angle glaucoma is one of the known causes for severe eye pain, headache which is often associated with nausea and vomiting. The acute episode is also associated with acute painful red eye. However the preceding stage might just be associated with headache and pain in the eye with aborts on sleeping. The best way to confirm would be undergo a few tests by an ophthalmologist which includes measurement of intraocular pressure, gonioscopy, optic nerve evaluation and visual fields. If the angles are indeed narrowed then laser iridotomy is the procedure of choice, done in the office as a day care procedure.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist