Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I just had a quick question about some eye drops that I've

Customer Question

Hi. I just had a quick question about some eye drops that I've been prescribed due to my conjuctivitis. I've been prescribed Lotemax to use for about 10 days, and I've been using it for the past few days (seems to be helping), but I accidentally left it in my car today for about four hours. I read on the bottle that it says it should be stored between 59-77 degrees F. I am sure it was much hotter in my car. Is it still safe to use?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is safe to use. Theres nothing that would make it change for a short time in a hotter car. The guidelines are there so that it is not stored for a prolonged period of time in the refrigerator or a hot environment.