Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I woke up this morning with a headache and my left eye half

I woke up this morning with a headache and my left eye half swollen shut.
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Does the left eye /upper lid have pain too? Is there any double vision with both eyes open?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Did you get hit on the head or forehead the previous day/evening? Any insect or ant bite? Do you have known allergies?

Customer:

upper eye lid and all around the eye . no

Customer:

no bug bites little pain.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Ok

Customer:

no allergies

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Ok. One last question- Do you have any upper molar toothache/caries or any sinusitis ?

Customer:

no none

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Alright. Since the only symptom is that of a swollen upperlid in left eye, it could be due to allergy ( wherein the exact allergen may or may not be known- it could be anything from dust to pollen in the air). Such an allergic edema ( angioneurotic edema) can range from mild to severe form. The mild form responds well to anti-allergy medicines such as Tablet Zyrtec, 10 mg , once at bedtime for a week.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

The more severe form has generalised edema with constriction of airways causing breathing difficulties. This form needs urgent treatment (ER).

Customer:

no breathing problems. so i will try the anti-allergy medicine .thanks