Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Husband got saw dust in his eye. have used a bottle of eye

Husband got saw dust in his eye. have used a bottle of eye wash. He says he can feel something moving around. Under the top eyelid. has been about 9 hrs now.
Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. I think you have a couple of options...
Dr. Dan B. : The first would be to have him use artificial tears several times per day for the next couple of days. He can also use a lubricating eye ointment in that eye as much as he likes to help soothe this sensation. Second...
Dr. Dan B. : Another alternative would be to go to an urgent care clinic or to the emergency room if it is really bothering him significantly to have a doctor examine him to see if there is anything that needs to be pulled out of his eye.
Dr. Dan B. : Does this make sense?
Customer:

Is there chances of real harm being done if this takes several days to work out?

Dr. Dan B. : Usually not. In fact, what is very most likely is that he did get any debris that was in his eye out with the flushing he did. In this case, his cornea may have a scratch or may be irritated and this is what very often causes a foreign-body sensation in the eye which makes it seem like something is still in the eye when often nothing is. If, though, at any time he's still concerned about it, he should go see his eye doctor though. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!