Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have a problem with my eye when i injured it. have tried

I have a problem with...
I have a problem with my eye when i injured it .
have tried to make contact with an eye specialist .
Already contacted a doctor who told me to go to the ER .
they gave me drops antibiotic .
However situation has worsened
10/26/2013
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Tell me all about the injury, how long ago it happened, what you have done to treat it so far, how your vision in that eye is now and how it feels.

Dr. Rick :

The more you can tell me the better I can advise you.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I will switch to Q&A format. This format works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Rizy,
Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Tell me all about the injury, how long ago it happened, what you have done to treat it so far, how your vision in that eye is now and how it feels.
Dr. Rick : The more you can tell me the better I can advise you.
Dr. Rick :
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Dear Dr Rick ,

many thanks for responding to my problem .

Have sent over some information .

hope that you received it okay .

Rizy,
It did not come through. Can you copy/paste it into the box on your screen?
If it is documents/pictures on your computer you can upload them here:
Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.
Go to www.tinypic.com
Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.
This opens up files on your computer. Double click on the picture you want to upload then hit open (bottom right of the screen). This will take you back to the tinypic page. Hit "upload now" then do the secret code thing and your picture will upload into the system.
Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.
Copy the link from inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.

Just got the documents and frontal picture....let me review them
Be right back
Rizy,
Ok. I've got all the data now....good news! You will be OK.
Let me explain on the next post...give me a few moments as I am not the worlds fastest typist :)

Take your time nor am I ..

Rizy,
First of all, let me assure you that this looks a lot worse than it is.
Your eye is going to be fine, but it is going to look like this for a month or so.....
You have experienced a sub conjunctival hemorrhage, a common event that occurs to many people.
In the vast majority of cases, sub conjunctival hemorrhage is nothing to worry about. It is usually not a sign of any serious condition but rather is just a small broken blood vessel in the conjunctiva that looks much worse than it really is.
No treatment is necessary. Think of a subconjunctival hemorrhage as a bruise. The reason it looks so red (some people say it looks like a piece of raw meat) is that the skin on your eye is very thin so the underlying blood shows through easily. On your arm, for instance, a bruise looks blue/purple because the overlying skin is thick, blocking the red color of the blood.
Like a bruise elsewhere a subconjunctival hemorrhage will slowly go away over the course of a couple of weeks. It may spread around the globe some and change colors as it clears. This is nothing to be concerned about.
In your case, however, we know how it happened: You poked yourself in the with a chunk of plastic.....
You may have caused a small cut in the "skin" (conjunctiva) around your eyeball. This will heal on its own. The antibiotic drops are just to make sure you don't get a infection, just like with a cut anywhere else on your body.
The blood will ooze around your eye, it will change colors, and it will cause more of that yellow color as it breaks down. This is nothing to worry about.
So. What is the take home message? Make up a good story to tell your friends about your bravery and how bad the other guy looks. No other effort on your part is necessary at this time.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
I wish you and your family the very best. Have a good weekend.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Dear Dr Rick ,

many thanks for the comprehensive reply .

Was already letting the creative juices flow in respect to a tall story .

May you be blessed for your time and effort .

Rizy XXXXXXXX

Glasgow

I had a chance to visit your wonderful city a decade or so ago....
It is a great place :)
Take care.
Dr Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD