Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I had surgery last year to remove cataracts. My left eye was

I had surgery last year to remove cataracts. My left eye was done first and I developed serious negative dysphotopsia. My right eye was subsequently done, but instead of hanging the lense on hooks (as my doctor explained it), she made an incision and inserted the lense. I have no issues with this eye. As for the left, I constantly feel as though there is something in my eye as with pink eye and it constantly tears. I saw another doctor today who told me twice that he would be able to remove the lense currently in there and fix it the way the right eye was done, but now he noticed dryness in this eye and put me on drops for a month. Is dryness really preventing the surgery?
Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. While dryness shouldn't prevent it ultimately, each surgery has the potential to worsen dryness.
Dr. Dan B. : For that reason, if the dryness isn't improved before another surgery it may get much worse and inhibit your vision further.
Dr. Dan B. : Does this make sense?
Dr. Dan B. : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!