Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My granddaughter is 4years old. She has just had an lazy eye

My granddaughter is 4years old. She has just had an lazy eye operation a week ago. Her good eye looks like it has now turned in will this get better over the next few weeks and will wearing glasses help.
Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Was the lazy eye turned out prior to the surgery?
Customer:

LASY EYE WAS TURNED IN I THINK

Dr. Dan B. : It is common to see a little bit of the eye turning in on an eye that was turning in prior to surgery. However, wearing the glasses should help. In the end, though, if it worsens beyond more than just a little, then that needs to be addressed with the surgeon. Does this make sense?
Customer:

ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THE GOOD EYE NOT THE ONE THAT WAS OPERATED ON.

Dr. Dan B. : No, I was talking about the eye that was operated on. What eye were you referring to?
Dr. Dan B. : I'm sorry. I misread your initial statement.
Dr. Dan B. : Are you sure the lazy eye was turning in prior to surgery and not out?
Customer:

LASY EYE WAS TURNING IN. I AM NOW TALKING ABOUT THE GOOD EYE

Dr. Dan B. : Does it turn in even when she's wearing her glasses?
Customer:

NOT SURE WILL HAVE TO TAKE NOTICE

Dr. Dan B. : If the eyes are straight when she's wearing the glasses then this is okay. However, if the eye turns in even while wearing the glasses then this needs to be addressed with her surgeon. Does this make sense?
Customer:

ÝE S THANK YOU

Customer:

YES, THANK YOU

Dr. Dan B. : You're welcome. Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

NOT AT THIS STAGE

Dr. Dan B. : Okay. Good luck. Let me know if I can be if any further assistance. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!