Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

18 year old male Hit in eye with a piece of fruit 3 hours

18 year old male
Hit in eye with a piece of fruit
3 hours ago
Pupil appears normal with no
apparent scratches
Slight headache, redness of eye
with eye pain
Using cold compress
Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Dr. Dan B. : Was the eye open when it was hit? What kind of fruit and how did it happen?
Customer:

Unknown if eye was open

Customer:

Apple thrown from 25 feet. An accident

Customer:

Available to chat

Dr. Dan B. : Is the vision changed? Is the pain severe? Light- sensitivity?
Customer:

Vision is relatively clear

Customer:

After ice pain better but still severe

Customer:

Not sensitive to light

Customer:

Pain lessens when sitting quietly with eyes closed

Dr. Dan B. : Is it only slightly red or significantly?
Customer:

Moderate to slightly red

Dr. Dan B. : Okay. This sounds like a contusion to the eye. I would recommend continued cool compress or ice use to the eye, ibuprofen, and artificial tears 3-4x/day to this eye. If, after 24 hrs the eye isn't any better or if it is worse, you should see your ophthalmologist.
Customer:

Sounds good. So the headache which is moderate

Customer:

is normal as well?

Dr. Dan B. : Yes, the headache is likely an extension of the eye pain. Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

I think that is good, thanks for your help.

Dr. Dan B. : My pleasure. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Customer:

Happy to give an affirmation. I understand the limits of your services. The recommendations make sense