Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I hit my head, directly on the right temple, pretty hard

I hit my head, directly on the right temple, pretty hard last night.
When it happened my vision in my right eye went a bit blurry - this lasted for about 2 hours.
Today my vision is ok and I have a pretty bad headache (which I guess is understandable since I hit my head).
I feel a bit queasy today, but have not vomited. I can see a little bit of swelling in my temple, but it's not a great deal.
Just wondering if this is normal or cause for concern?
Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. It sounds like you had a concussion. While most people do just fine and not and up having any problems, it is certainly possible that you have some complications from this. For this reason I would go see your primary care doctor as soon as possible. Does this make sense? Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

Primary can't get me in for 2 weeks. Will waiting that long be ok?

Dr. Dan B. : I wouldn't recommend waiting two weeks. If you have bleeding inside your skull from this trauma then this needs to be attended to now. I would recommend going to urgent care clinic if they cannot get you in to see you.
Customer:

Thank you very much.

Dr. Dan B. : I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!