Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My 34 year old son is experiencing for no reason. This

Customer Question
started about 3 weeks ago...
My 34 year old son is experiencing for no reason. This started about 3 weeks ago. It is happening quite often. He fells like he is smothering in the chest & the nose. He tries to get better on his own. He feels dizzy. Sick at his stomach slightly. Sometime he goes in restroom to have a BM. Aferwards, he is still sick. He gets sleepy. He goes to sleep.
The first one, he was riding in the truck with me. He was calm & suddenly it hit.
Then the next was in the middle of the night. He then went on a cruise for anniversary. He didn't have one. On the way back he was driving in really hard rain. He was also sleepy & tired. He had a really bad one he said. He got home . Went to sleep. We thought tired from trip. Also got dizzy from straining eyes in the rain. Now he has had about 6 more. What do you think?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Eye
10/9/2013
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 4 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of clinical experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
From what you have posted it sounds like your son is having panic attacks.
That being said, before putting all his symptoms off to panic, he needs to have a complete examination by an internal medicine doctor. While I do not think a visit to the ER is needed I suggest he get in to his doctor in the next few days.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS

Is it normal to get real sleepy after a panic attack or toward the end of it?

Thank You

William,
It is not uncommon to get sleepy after a panic attack or toward the end of it.
A panic attack takes a lot of energy....
Does this help?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD