Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Rick, One month ago my wife who lives in Thailand had a

Hi Dr.Rick, One month ago my...
Hi Dr.Rick,
One month ago my wife who lives in Thailand had a large insect strike her eye while she was riding a motor scooter.
The strike caused inflammation of the eye which progressed into an eye infection.
she chose to use over the counter pharmacy products in an attempt to treat the infection.
After about ten days the infection was affecting most of the side of her face and she then went to a Doctor.And was treated with anti biotic drops and an oral course of anti biotics.
After the infection finally cleared she has been experiencing some lose of vision in the affected eye.
Can or will the vision improve or return to normal with time?
Sorry I understand that it's a fairly vague question to ask of you.
Also note that the condition must have been fairly severe as when she finally went to a Doctor the Doctor was some what annoyed that my wife had taken so long to seek the correct help.
10/8/2013
Camille-Mod

I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. Unfortunately I do not know when this may be, as the professionals come on line as they are available. You don't have to stand by, you will get an email telling you when you have received a response. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Camille

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. Thank you for requesting me...it's been a crazy day in the office and the OR so I've not been online.....
Your are correct, without knowing what part(s) of her eye were damaged by the infection, such as cornea, iris, lens, vitreous, retina, sclera etc, it would be impossible for me to say what she can expect in the future.
If you could tell me more about her ocular injuries, or upload a copy of the ophthalmologists note, I would be happy to do my best to give you the information you need.
I look forward to your reply.
Dr.Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD