Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have a slight headache however i have a tingling-sort of cold feeling to my eyes yet the

I have a slight headache however i have a tingling-sort of cold feeling to my eyes yet they dont hurt. Could the tingling stem from my headache (i am a migraine sufferer)

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

As a fellow migraine sufferer I can tell you that this is absolutely possible...since I

Dr. Rick :

I've had the same experience myself.

Dr. Rick :

I do not think that what you are feeling is a sign of a serious problem with your eyes or, as most people worry about first, a brain tumor :)

Dr. Rick :

Good morning and welcome to chat.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Hello Dr. Rick. Yes it makes sense. I have had migraines for years and I never recall having this feeling so I got worried. I also rub my eyes a lot when i have makeup on so i didn't know if that could have damaged anything but i did that yesterday and the pain just appeared now.

Dr. Rick :

From what you have posted, I do not think you have damaged anything. Also, no need to stop using your makeup or change brands....although my wife swears by MAC brand, especially for her sensitive eyes.

Customer:

I never had problems with the makeup before so I will assume it is headache related. I just hope the pain goes away bc it is definitly annoying and new to my headache issues. Does your eye pain go away when your migraine does?

Dr. Rick :

Yes. But, in my case, when I get the eye pain (usually my rt eye) it means it is going to be a bad migraine if I don't jump on it with caffeine etc....

Dr. Rick :

But, now that I am old and fat, I don't get bad migraines very often anymore...just the visual aura

Customer:

lol.. wow i have had the auro and the dizziness and numbing of nose for some odd reason. The eye tingling is def. new to me. I hope it doesn't mean it will be bad. I am already with the caffein. I will pop two excedrine migraine now and pray for the best

Dr. Rick :

sounds like a good plan. Remember, everyone is different when it comes to migraines so it probably doesn't mean this will be a bad one for you....

Customer:

fingers crossed. thank you for your help - glad i dont have a brain tumor

Dr. Rick :

Hopefully this will go away soon and you will be able to enjoy the beautiful fall weekend.

Dr. Rick :

Ya...brain tumors suck ;)

Dr. Rick :

Take care.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer:

i have plans after work so i hope it works fast.... yeah tumors mess up your weekend for sure. thank you again

Dr. Rick :

Truth.

Dr. Rick :

Take care.