Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

12 years ago I had successful cataract surgerey performed on

12 years ago I had successful cataract surgerey performed on both eyes. 3 weeks ago was my first eye exam since then. The opthalmologist wrote: disc pale fr dull (fundus) and ant. segment pc iol .
How can this be treated? My vision is 6/6 and N6 with reading glasses.
the advice written is vf iop which I do not understand.
This exam was part of a general health check at Manipal Hospital in Bangalore, India
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

What that note means is that your optic nerve is not the normal, healthy, pink color it should be. The note does not mention anything else about the morphology of your optic nerve, such as cup to disk ratio, which would be good to know.

Dr. Rick :

Fr dull most likely means that the part of your retina, called the macula, is not as normal looking as it might be....but this is to be expected after 79 years of daily use. I'd not worry about this part.

Dr. Rick :

ant. segment, pc iol just means you've had your cataract removed and a artificial lens put in your eye.

Dr. Rick :

vf iop means that the doctor wants to check your eye pressure (why that was not done on this visit I don't know.....it should have been....) and check your side vision (vf) for any signs of damage.

Dr. Rick :

It is good that your vision is perfect at 6/6 and N6.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you should see an ophthalmologist for a complete eye exam and more information on what exactly is going on but, from what you have posted, I'd not be overly concerned at this point.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Barbara,
Dr. Rick says:
7:55 AM
7:56 AM
7:57 AM
7:58 AM
7:59 AM
8:00 AM
8:00 AM
8:00 AM
Does this make sense to you?
8:01 AM
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS