Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I accidentally put antipyrine and benzocaine otic drop in my

eye...what should I do other...
I accidentally put antipyrine and benzocaine otic drop in my eye...what should I do other than wash with water???
9/20/2013
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Washing out with water is the correct thing to do.

Dr. Rick :

While it may cause some discomfort, this will not do any permanent damage to your eye.

Dr. Rick :

After washing out with water, you should use some artificial tears to soothe you eye.

Dr. Rick :

The take home message? You will be OK.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick says:
1:36 AM
1:36 AM
1:37 AM
1:37 AM
1:38 AM
The take home message? You will be OK.
1:38 AM
Does this make sense to you?
1:38 AM
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD