Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have hard clay-like stool that comes out like pebbles,

Customer Question

I have hard clay-like stool that comes out like pebbles, round balls. I am always constipated, and now I have bright red blood on my stool. There's no bloof on the tissue but a very light pink color; hardly noticeable. What can it be!!! I have medications that cause constipation. I only have pain when I am trying to pass the stool. I strain until tears come out my eyes.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Do you have any other symptoms?
Any pain?
How long have you been noticing the blood on your stool?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No pain. A week and a half
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Veleta,
The most likely cause of the blood on your stool (causing the light pin color) is bleeding from hemorrhoids. This is nothing to worry about.
That being said, I am concerned about your long history of severe constipation, especially when you have to strain so hard to defecate that tears come to your eyes.
At this point I think you should no longer try any home therapy, change in diet etc. I feel that the best thing you can do is call a gastroenterologist and have a complete exam.
During this evaluation the doctor will evaluate not only the source of the blood you recently noticed on your stool but the cause of your severe constipation as well.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS