Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

DR. RICK ONLY-: What is the gunk

DR. RICK ONLY-: What is the...
DR. RICK ONLY-:
What is the gunk
8/17/2013
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

the gunk is probably mucus and dead cells from your eyes. This tends to build up at night.

Dr. Rick :

It is not really a sign of infection. Just keep doing the eye scrubs we talked about in the past and use lubricating drops to soothe your eyes.

Dr. Rick :

Make sense>

Dr. Rick :

?

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Rick-:

I had the shot, it worked so-so, but the Voltaren (oral) has been helping a great deal (yeah, i know you are not an ortho, but you CAN weigh in on this as a doc--)--

What does this tell us?

No, i mean, SERIOUSLY?

Thanx,

Madeleine

Madeleine,
It means that a lot of your pain and issues is secondary to inflammation. If voltaren helps a lot then -- keep on taking it!
Sure would be great if you got relief this way and avoided the knife, eh?
Have a good evening.
Dr. Rick

YAY!!!!!

My only worry is that it will burn a hole in my stomach(but i AM taking it w/food....)--

--it might actually be WORTH it!!!!

Hope the weather is as nice in--where ARE you???--as it is here in NY!!

Madeleine,
It is in the 80's and raining but pretty good. We can use the water.

same as here, pretty much--

Are you "allowed'

"to tell me which state you are in (i am in psychotic state--LOL!!)??

Do you think i will be protected by the Prevacid and occasional Pepcid vis a vis the Voltaren?

Thanx,

~M~

That and taking it only with a real meal...not just a slice of bread.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD