Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have had a headache in the middle back of my head for a

I have had a headache in the middle back of my head for a week and a half now..yesterday i woke up and have been dizzy,nausea,and off balanced...when i wake up,my eyes just spin for minutes till they finally focus....
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Dr. Rick :

Have you ever had migraines or headaches like this is in the past?

Customer:

i take metformin for my sugar...thats all..I had headaches when my sugar was around 300 but i controlled it back to 150-160...

Dr. Rick :

To tell you the truth, I do no like the fact that things are getting worse.

Dr. Rick :

This can be caused by many issues, anything from a viral infection to pressure on the brain.

Dr. Rick :

In my opinion, and I know that this not what you really wanted to hear, you should grab a good book and go to the ER for a complete exam. This is especially true due to your diabetes when can cause various CNS infections etc.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Yes it does...thanks..I have been worried anyway...My renter had tumors with the same symptoms but much more severe..

Customer:

What is CNS infections?

Dr. Rick :

I would not rush to blame this on a brain tumor, but it should be checked out.

Dr. Rick :

CNS means central nervous system...doctor-speak for brain and spine ;)

Dr. Rick :

I'm glad I could help. I wish you the very best.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS