Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I can't say it is goop exactly~ just a residue sometimes

I can't say it is...
I can't say it is goop exactly~ just a white residue sometimes from the Azopt drops~wearing a contact like I have to often causes me irritation~my eye lids never stick together or anything~ just a small amount of I feel is left over from the white glue like substance from Azopt I sometimes see~I am not sure what to do when it appears in the corners of my eyes~if I had serious Blepharitis would my Specialist have picked up on it~being it just my left eye I think it is dryness from wearing my contact too long~would I still wash it with baby shampoo~ the other eye is fine~Martha The Pest~
8/10/2013
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

A busy eye doc may not notice blepharitis even if you have it. Try not to worry. The lid scrubs are good for just general eye health so, if you want to do them, you can, if not, don't worry. It is probably from wearing your contact a long time....

Dr. Rick :

And you are never a pest :)

Dr. Rick says:
8:18 PM
8:19 PM
8:20 PM
And you are never a pest :)
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi Again~ I woke up this Morning and only my cataract eye looks a bit red on the bot***** *****d only~I did use baby shampoo last night on it~there does not seem to be any residue coming from the eye~nor was my eye lids stuck together when I woke up~ me being me~ after you mentioned Blepharitis~I never even heard of it before~I was afraid I had that~ as my eye was quite red and sore last night~ but wearing a contact for quite a while can also cause this~I wondered if Polysporin would help in such a situation~I get a white residue from Azopt also no matter how hard you shake the bottle~it lands in the corner of my eyes~when you went into such detail all about tears and so on you had be wondering if you felt I had a problem in this area~that is why I am pesting you again~:-)the drop Lumigan makes your eye lashes grow longer~ some women like that~as I rub my eye just now I don't have any goop coming from either one~ so this is perhaps a plus~Martha~I have enough wrong with my eyes without having Blepharitis~Martha

Martha,
Polysporin is not needed in this condition....just the lid scrubs, warm soaks and tear replacement drops :)
Here is a good webpage on this topic:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blepharitis/DS00633
I do not think you have to worry about his new issue we have brought up.
Yes, I had patients who wanted to use the lumigan in their other,non-glaucoma eye, just for the longer lashes. Now they have a lower strength for just growing lashes.
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS

Hi~Thanks~ I think that they actually sell a cosmetic product that has Lumigan in it~ anyway I recently did a survey on you and gave you a GREAT Review~ did you get me mixed up with another patient when you went into detail about tears in one's eyes~ I did not think I ever brought that up to you~wearing contacts can cause an uncomfortable feeling at times~ do you agree~ especially if they get dry~I have no choice in my left eye~unless I leave it out~also you and I mentioned black spots sometimes appearing~ I guess that is okay too~ I got my son to pick me up polysporin~ what good is that for ~Martha~

Martha,
Nope. I didn't mix you up with anyone else....how could such a thing be possible with my favorite customer ;)
Polysporin is good for all sorts of minor scrapes and oweis.
Have a good weekend.

One more question I promise for today~I forgot to ask you if being on a computer too much hurts your eyes or vision~ or is it okay if you watch your posture~Martha~

Martha,
You can be on your computer for the entire day...even if you are slouching, and it will not damage your eyes in anyway what-so-ever.
Have a good weekend. :)
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD