Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I stopped my contact lens wear due to (i think of it as

I stopped my contact lens wear due to (i think of it as mild) corneal neovascularization approximately two days ago. How long does it take for the blood vessels to disappear?
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. The blood vessels don't ever completely go away, they just fade and go inactive.
Doctor DanB : The benefit, with respect to corneal neovascularization, of stopping contact lens wear, is that this will likely stop it from getting worse. However, stopping contact lens wear is unlikely to make them go away completely.
Doctor DanB : Does this make sense?
Customer:

approximately how long does it take for the blood to drain/to become "ghost vessels"?

Doctor DanB : Depending on the level of inflammation in the tear film and eyelids, it can take several months to a few years.
Customer:

I booked a appointment with an optometrist recently, if they offer a treatment of some sort, should i take the medication or just discontinue the use of my contact lenses?

Doctor DanB : I would do both and if you still have further concerns, I would recommend seeing am ophthalmologist for a second opinion. Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

Yes, that is all. Thank you very much for your time!

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!