Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

This is for dr a .s desai i tried the preservative free

this is for dr a .s desai
i tried the preservative free refreshs celluvisc because the lames i bought but it stung my eyes
it had benzalkokun in it - but it was preservative free - it still did not work for me
but the refresh celluvisc made my eyes blurry and sticky
this is at night - any difference and day i used it - what next?
i can't stand this my eyes are so sensitive
any suggestions
Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .
Refresh celluvisc is a more viscous eye drop and can cause temporary blurriness or stickiness. Refresh tears preservative free eye drops are more fliud unlike celluvisc and do not cause any blurriness. You use that or Systane eye drops , preservative free, 1 drop 4 times.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i noticed that - thankyou it was not my imagination

which systane would you advice

so there is a refress but not celluves which is non preservative?

is there a special drop for night time

what do you think of restastis?

do you keep drops in fridge?

Hello Wendy,
Restasis is usually given for severe dry eyes and it acts by increasing the tear production. However it is known to have some severe side effects such as stinging or redness. Systane ultra preservative free for sensitive eyes can be used . There is no need to keep the eyedrops in the fridge.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i wake up with redness my eyelids

and puffiness

That can occur with associated blepharitis. However there are few simple yet very effective home remedies
For the treatment of blepharitis such as described here -
Many appropriate systems of eyelid hygiene exist, and all include variations of 3 essential steps. First, application of heat to warm the eyelid gland secretions and to promote evacuation and cleansing of the secretory passages is essential. Individuals  are directed to use soaked warm compresses and to apply them to the lids repeatedly. Warm water in a washcloth, soaked gauze pads, or microwaved, soaked cloths can be used. However extreme heat should be avoided.
•Second, the eyelid margin is scrubbed mechanically to remove adherent material, such as  crusting, and to clean the gland orifices. This can be completed with a warm washcloth or with gauze pads. Water often is used, although some clinicians prefer that a few drops of baby shampoo be mixed in one bottle cap full of warm water to form a cleaning solution. Attention must be directed to gentle mechanical jostling or scrubbing of the eyelid margin itself, not the skin of the lids or of the bulbar conjunctival surface. Vigorous scrubbing should be avoided as it may be harmful.   •
Third, an antibiotic ointment is applied to the eyelid margin after it has been soaked and scrubbed. Antibiotic-corticosteroid ointment combinations can be used for short courses, although their use is less appropriate for long-term management and should be used strictly on the advise of the ophthalmologist.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thankyou

and you mentioned something about drips for night time

is there any you suggest

and i forgot to ask you

the glasses that i wear

maybe that is causing pain behind my ear and nose

is the glasses effect the eyes

what cleaner do you recommend for the lenses and the actually glasses

they are hurting my ears they are quite heavy lesnse

You can clean your glasses with simple water and use soft cloth to wipe it dry. The same is available with opticians too. If your lenses are heavy you can opt for crizal light weight lenses. For overnight use you can use systane lubricant eye gel, but it can also be as sticky as the previous one.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is the crizal light weight lenses the thin nes that are out there

Crizal lenses are made of special plastic material which makes them light weight. They need not be thin in appearance however.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have the thinnest lens but a bad scrip so it is still heavy

but what about the actually glasses itself

bettet to buy wire or what material to make light and not hard on then ose or ears being painful

There are a whole range of light weight frames ( plastic/ titanium/ ultrathin half rim) . If the power of your lenses is more then it is better to opt for half or full rim frames ( they support the lenses better). You can check out for these online before you try them out at the stores.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

have you heard of fresh kote eye drops

These are also lubricating eye drops similar to the other brands used in the treatment of dry eyes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is it in canada

is it by th same name

pharmacy said they never heard of it

is it prescriptopnyi

I am not sure about its availability OTC in canada. Most of the well reputed brands have the same contents more or less and it should not really matter which brand you choose. Finally they all act by replenishing the tear film. It would make sense to buy the one which is available at your nearest pharmacy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
dhi dr
is this a eye question or a net question
a pet cat scan sia i moderte physiologic fog activity present along lymph node changes within the anteriornashophrynx/anteior ora cavity/posterior oroopharynx/biateral tonsils or tonsillar beds/biatera submandibular and salivary regions
what does that mean
Hello Wendy,
I am not sure about what your query ? Are you asking me whether the CT scan data is pertaining to the eye? If so, then NO it is not pertaining to the eye. It is a CT scan report regarding lymph nodes draining from the nose/mouth.
I am not sure but it must have been advised to know if the lymph nodes draining from the nose and mouth show any risk of cancer. However I am not the expert regarding interpretation of these PET-CT scan reports. It is best done by the radiologist and the surgeon who has advised the test.
Is there anything else that I can answer for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i thought it had something to do with acid flux
Thank you for the reply and additional information. Could you please give some more information in this regard-
1) for what symptoms were you advised this test?
2) what kind of a doctor are you seeing presently?
3) do you have symptoms pertaining to the nose/mouth?
As I mentioned earlier your radiologist or surgeon who suggested the test would be the best person to give you a detailed explanation. As far as my knowledge goes, the PET-CT scan is usually used for detecting any cancer/staging of cancer/locate metastasis/effectiveness of chemotherapy or radiotherapy. However I am not aware of other uses of this test if any.