Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My husband has a eye infection and in London they call it

Customer Question
hi my husband has a...
hi my husband has a eye infection and in London they call it eye herpes
would you be able to recommend a ointment that we can get here?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Eye
8/1/2013
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 4 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

When did his infection start?

Dr. Rick :

Who diagnosed it as herpes? Was this person an ophthalmologist?

Customer:

it started yesterday

Customer:

he normally gets them when he rubs on his eyes and stressed

Dr. Rick :

Herpes eye infection can be blinding. He really needs to be seen by an ophthalmologist ASAP rather then just purchasing an eye ointment and treating this yourself.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

would there still be a cream that we can use for the time being?

Dr. Rick :

And, in any event, any ointment that will work on herpes requires a doctors Rx.

Customer:

ok great thanks

Customer:

is there

Dr. Rick :

You could use lacrilube or refresh PM to soothe his eye

Customer:

one you can recommend in san Francisco? it is on his eye lid

Customer:

not on the eye

Dr. Rick :

but get him in as fast as you can, especially with the weekend right around the corner.

Dr. Rick :

There are tons of ophthalmologists in SF. Here is a list:

Dr. Rick :

Any of them can deal with a herptic eye infection.

Dr. Rick :

Dos this make sense to you?

Customer:

ok great THANKS

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD