Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

How is safe to wait before seeing optgamoligist when

How long is safe to...
How long is safe to wait before seeing optgamoligist when symptoms of detached retune first manifest -- floaters, flashes of light, sudden onset?
7/28/2013
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom : Since you are off-line and we cannot establish a live chat, I will respond to your question and set up a Q and A format.
Dr. Tom : The safest and most prudent thing to do when there are symptoms that could represent a problem leading to retinal detachment is to see an ophthalmologist as soon as practical. While this does not represent an emergency, you should consider it urgent. With your symptoms a phone call to an ophthalmologist will result in a prompt appointment. In the event your flashing lights and floaters indicate a retinal tear your ophthalmologist can quickly seal that and prevent a retinal detachment. The good news is that The office procedure to seal the tear is quick, effective, and painless.
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD