Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My doctor told me to take areds, so i bought the

preservision areds. is it safe...
My doctor told me to take areds, so i bought the preservision areds. is it safe to take this along with lutein and zeaxanthin?
7/24/2013
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom : Yes it acceptable to use all of the supplements you mentioned.
Customer:

all together, i noticed it has 14,320 IU of vitamin A (beta-carotened). can that mess me up?

Dr. Tom : The nutritional supplements in the compounded AREDs product are considered to be safe. The other supplements mentioned would not have any bearing on the beta-carotene.
Dr. Tom : The use of the supplemental is in common use among ophthalmologist.
Dr. Tom : However remember that all supplements need to be used in conjunction with a full understanding of each patient's particular medical history.
Customer:

ok, awesome, also, i have diabetes, just recently diagnosed and taking diabete vitamins and 5mb blood pressure medicine, will these vitamins mess around with me

Dr. Tom : There is nothing alarming about your vitamin supplements with regard to diabetes mellitus. But please remember to report this to your primary care physician so that he has a full understanding of all of the medications and supplements you take
Dr. Tom : If that covers your question, I'll switch over to the email format so that you can rate my help to you today. Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
Gerald, Please let me know if you're satisfied with your answer ?

Dear ***** ,

Please don't forget the positive rating...it's important to keep good experts available on JA.

Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD