Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Why does my left eye look like this? I noticed it Thursday

driving home. It was a...
Why does my left eye look like this? I noticed it Thursday driving home. It was a lot more red but have looked like this for the past couple days. Any thought? //f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t536/dangle83/null_zps200f9990.jpg
7/20/2013
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Dr. Tom :

Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Customer: Hello
Dr. Tom : Hello Jeff, give me a minute to type a response and then we can go over your questions. Do you have time to deal with this now?
Dr. Tom : The picture demonstrates a mildly inflamed pinguecula, Which is a noncancerous elevation overlying the sclera. Also the picture demonstrates the presence of rosacea. So an evaluation for ocular rosacea would be indicated. This is a treatable condition. Have you had an ophthalmologist examine you while your eye appears like this?
Dr. Tom : The indicator implies that you are typing. Do you have any other questions?
Customer: No, I have not had anyone look at it. I am going to have my optho look at it Monday as he was on vacation. It worried me to wait that long and I didn't know if I needed to goto the ER. I DIDN'T WANT TO GO BLIND!!!! Haha. When you say rosacea are you referring to my ey or my cheek? Also it's just one eye that looks like that fyi
Customer: Do I need to be worried?
Dr. Tom : Jeff, the condition in the photograph does not warrant your anxiety are going to an emergency room this weekend. There appears to be a cutaneous rosacea on the tissues below the.eye. The good news is that your ophthalmologist can put you on a series of eye drops that can the eye under control. Does that answer your question?
Customer: Yes thank you!
Dr. Tom : Glad to be of service. I see that you are a frequent customer so you know the importance of signing out with a good rating. Thank you very much
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD