Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

are there any treatments or lazy eye if youre over 20 years

are there any treatments or lazy eye if you're over 20 years of age?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. My name isXXXXX and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Do you mean for the decreased vision (amblyopia) or for the eyes crossing/pointing in the wrong direction?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

my left eye looks out of place

Customer:

i cant focus with my left eye

Dr. Rick :

As far as the decreased vision in your left eye (amblyopia), other then making sure you have the best glasses possible, nothing can be done to repair the decreased vision in the majority of cases. If, however, you have a cataract, retina problem etc those might be able to be fixed and make your vision better but, once again, amblyopia (decreased vision from crossed eyes as a child) can not be fixed at your age.

Dr. Rick :

But, if you want to address the fact that one eye looks in a different direction then the other, this can probably be fixed/improved.

Customer:

thank you. I have had other doctors tell me the same thing. Was just checking if there was a way . haha .. thanks

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure, mate :)