Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I tried waering soft lenses conatacts, today for the first

I tried waering soft lenses conatacts, today for the first time, It was uncomfortable when I put them in but the right eye stopped hurting very quickly and was fine, however the left eye hurt for several hours and than I started to notice my left eye was blurry , so I took out that contact, left eye is stilly blurry even with my glasses, and its alomst like there is a film on the outside of the eye. It dosent hurt anymore. What is this and can I fix this?
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : There has likely been some disruption of the tear film in that eye as a result of wearing the contact lens. The lens may have been turned inside out, or the lens may have scratched or abraded your cornea causing a disruption in the tear film. Either way, this should resolve over the next day or so. To help it resolved quicker I would recommend using artificial tears 4 to 5 times per day. Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Customer: Yes im available
Customer: Yes im availabl
Customer: Yes im available
Customer:

Yes im available

We're you able to see my answer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i just saw your answer. will it be safe to wear contacts again in a few days? or should I wait? is this normal? is there a 3way to prevent this in the future?

This is a pretty normal thing to happen. And yes, I would expect that you should be able to wear the contacts again. I would just wait for 48-72 hrs or until your vision seems back to normal in your glasses before trying again. If it happens again, though, I would go back to your eye doctor to see if you're putting then in wrong it if you need a different sized contact for that eye. Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes that makes sense thank you

I hope this has been helpful. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.
My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!