Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I was at work yesterday, when my left eye lost its vision.

My name is*****
I was at work yesterday, when my left eye lost its vision. It was about 3 minutes when
my vison came back. There were no warning. I would like to know what may have caused
this.
Thank you.
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you sure this was only in your left eye? Was it like a curtain descending in the vision? Any pain?
Customer:

No pain and it looked like a veil covering my eye. I realy can't explain it. I just lost vision.

Doctor DanB : In the absence of any information from you about your condition, I have to assume that this really was just one eye's vision blacking out like a curtain coming over your vision. If this was the case then this is called amaurosis fugax. This represents an almost stroke and necessitates that you see your primary care doctor immediately for a cardioembolic workup. Does this make sense? Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!