How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 46304
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have severe eye infection what to do

Customer Question

have severe eye infection what to do
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

you should go to the ER or to an opthalmologist.

I see you have already tried neomycin and polymixin eye drops or eye ointment.

most eye infections are viral infections, but you can get bacterial super-infections over the viral conjunctivitis very easily. some bacterial infections can also be resistant to neomycin and polymyxin. you might need a stronger eye drop like ciprofloxicin otic with steroids to help decrease inflammation

but it is best to go to the ER where they can evaluate your eyes this weekend or they can call an opthalmologist to come in to see you for evaluation as well

you do not want to let an eye infection go without proper evaluation, this can risk your eyes and vision

do you have an emergency room close to you where you can be evaluated?