How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11274
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

about 2 weeks about I hurt my eye a piece of plastic of a torch hit my eye in corner I was given cream just in case there was a scratch but my eye. is very sore tender painfull it has a lump under neath top eye lid what happening getting bad headaches to

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 4 years ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

2 weeks is a long time for any external lid injury to have persisted. I guess it is better to get your eye examined in detail again as the cause of the tender lump under the upper lid needs to be looked for. A retained foreign body which could be a tiny chip o the plastic too, is one of the possibilities. The other possibility is that of a stye which could have incidently occured at the same time.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

To reduce the pain until you meet an ophthalmologist, you can take tablet Acetaminophen, 500 mg , 1 tablet twice a day. However this should not be taken for more tahn 2 to 3 days as it could mask some of the important signs. You can apply warm compresses , 10 minutes each time, twice a day.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question. Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so do I need to get the lump looked at because since it happened the same pain and tender feeling is there. but certain ways I move my eye I get sharp pain like somethink in it as I did from the star why is this happening

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Hi. My name is Dr Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

I see that you and your expert have opted out of the above thread. Would you like me to assist you?

If so, is it possible for you to upload a picture of this lump?

Also, when the injury occurred, were you seen by an ophthalmologist, GP, nurse etc?

I look forward to your reply.