Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

About 2 weeks about I hurt my eye a piece of plastic of a

Customer Question
about 2 weeks about I...

about 2 weeks about I hurt my eye a piece of plastic of a torch hit my eye in corner I was given cream just in case there was a scratch but my eye. is very sore tender painfull it has a lump under neath top eye lid what happening getting bad headaches to

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Eye
6/24/2013
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 4 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

2 weeks is a long time for any external lid injury to have persisted. I guess it is better to get your eye examined in detail again as the cause of the tender lump under the upper lid needs to be looked for. A retained foreign body which could be a tiny chip o the plastic too, is one of the possibilities. The other possibility is that of a stye which could have incidently occured at the same time.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

To reduce the pain until you meet an ophthalmologist, you can take tablet Acetaminophen, 500 mg , 1 tablet twice a day. However this should not be taken for more tahn 2 to 3 days as it could mask some of the important signs. You can apply warm compresses , 10 minutes each time, twice a day.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question. Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

so do I need to get the lump looked at because since it happened the same pain and tender feeling is there. but certain ways I move my eye I get sharp pain like somethink in it as I did from the star why is this happening

Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 4 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi. My name is***** and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
I see that you and your expert have opted out of the above thread. Would you like me to assist you?
If so, is it possible for you to upload a picture of this lump?
Also, when the injury occurred, were you seen by an ophthalmologist, GP, nurse etc?
I look forward to your reply.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD