Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Couple of weeks back my eye went red and ever since I've

Couple of weeks back my eye went red and ever since I've blurry vision in one of my eye.I did consult an ophthalmologist, he says the eye looks healthy.He tried different eye lenses but I was still having hazy vision. What do you think should be my next step.
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Have you been using any eye drops? Is the blurry vision at near, at distance or all fixation distances? Any eye pain, light sensitivity, tearing?
Customer:

have not been using any eye drops.I'm having no pain, no sensitivity to light.. the blurry vision is for all distance, its most prominent for near distance.

Doctor DanB : Okay, given the fact that you don't have any pain or sensitivity to light, the chances of infection are less. However, redness and an acute onset of blurry vision associated with the redness indicate that there is likely some significant inflammation associated with this eye. I would've expected that the ophthalmologist would've picked up on any significant inflammation. That being said, it could be that the inflammation was early in its course and the signs were subtle. At any rate, because I think the chances are tht there is some significant inflammation causing your symptoms, I would recommend at least going back to your ophthalmologist for a re-exmination or going to see another ophthalmologist to get a second opinion. At the very least, though, you may consider using artificial tears 4-5x/day in this eye. Occasionally, a dysfunctional tear film (commonly called dry eye syndrome) can cause an eye to be red, can cause blurry vision, and can be common enough that an ophthalmologist may overlook it. If you are consistent with this for several days to a week or so and see no improvement, then that second opinion would definitely be a good idea.
Doctor DanB : Does this make sense?  Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this?               It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently.    I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved... Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry! 
Customer:

Thanks Doctor.I've scheduled an appointment with a different ophthalmologist. I've been trying the drops for two days, but i dont see any change.