Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Bump on eye - grows in size and reduces in size happening

Customer Question
white bump on eye -...
white bump on eye - grows in size and reduces in size happening for several days. my eyes are dry.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/6/2013
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 4 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Where exactly is the bump seen- is it on the white part of the eye?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Does it appear similar to this image?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you there ?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It is likely that a white bump in the eye ( on the white part) which changes in size, is most likely to be a conjunctival cyst.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

A conjunctival cyst can occur due to various reasons such as trauma/ inclusion cyst/ as an adverse effect of eye drops/ congenital and so on.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It has a tendency to resolve naturally and this can be hastened with the use of anti-inflammatory eye drops.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

For dry eyes you can try using lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for a month. If symptoms persist inspite of this then it is better to get the eyes examined in detail by an ophthalmologist.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

I was hoping to hear from you but I guess you must have been busy. Has the bump subsided? Just wanted to know if my answer helped. Please let me know.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist