Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I tripped and face planted onto the sidewalk. I hit my nose

I tripped and face planted...
I tripped and face planted onto the sidewalk. I hit my nose so I have 2 black eyes have 2 small pockets left under each eye. How much longer do I have to sleep on my back with my head elevated?
5/28/2013
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. When did this happen and for how long have you been sleeping with your head elevated? Did you have a CAT scan? Was there any fractures in the face/sinuses or orbits (areas around the eyes)?

Customer:

I did not have a catscan but was seen by a medical professional at the time it happened. My nose is not broken and I have no bumps only bruises around my chin and of course 2 black eyes from hitting my nose. My nose is clear and my eyeballs had no bleeding, I have none of the symptoms that are listed on line and funny enough my vision is clearer than is was before. I have only had my head elevated for a couple of days, Sunday and Last night. This happened Friday evening.

Doctor DanB :

I think two days of head elevation with sleeping is likely going to be fine. You've taken care of it well enough so far, it seems. However, if you do start to have worsening bruising, then you not only should start back with sleeping with your head of your bed elevated, but you should see your doctor, as well. However, I think the odds of that happening are quite slim. Does this make sense?

Doctor DanB :

Do you have any other questions about this?

Customer:

Yes, it makes sense thank you. I just didn't want those pockets left to get bigger they are almost gone.

Doctor DanB :

Good. I'm glad to hear it. Good luck to you. I hope this has been helpful.

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.