Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I want an EYE DOCTOR PLEASE

I want an EYE DOCTOR PLEASE
5/25/2013
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Yes, ma'am. I am a board-certified ophthalmologist. How can I help you?
JACUSTOMER-pz3wc84d- :

Hi Dr. Dan~I have talked with you before~ my name is Martha~ I had very high eye pressure at 37 in each eye~the Specialist got it down to 16 after four days of drops~ I went back today after three months and it was now down to 12 and 14~the Specialist was very contented with this and does not have to see me for 6 months~I had cataract surgery in the left eye 30 years ago and did not have a lens put in and thus have to wear a special contact~ after the Technician and the Doctor both froze my eyes and took my pressure I put my contact in ~ she saw me do it and said in my case it was necessary ~ although it burned going in~I have a blood shot eye tonight and it is bothering me and they are now closed~I took the contact out right away when I got home~ what would be causing this problem~it did not happen the last time I was there~ thanks for any help~Martha`PS My nose is running a lot too and I don't know whether to put my eye drops in tonight or not~

JACUSTOMER-pz3wc84d- :

I did not receive an answer thus far~

Doctor DanB : Yes, I am reading your response. Bear with me.
Doctor DanB : What do you mean they both froze your eye?
JACUSTOMER-pz3wc84d- :

I assume they freeze your eye ~ it was yellow afterwards~before they apply an instrument to take the pressure~???They call it freezing I think~I just do not understand why this one eye is all of a sudden sore and blood shot~I guess maybe I should not have put the contact in afterwards??? as it is only that left eye that is bothering me~

JACUSTOMER-pz3wc84d- :

I also had eye make up on~ would that maybe do something~

Doctor DanB : I see. I understand. They put a colored drop your eye to check your pressure. I suspect that your eye may be a bit irritated from having your pressure checked. This is not uncommon at all. I would recommend just keeping the contact out for the next 24 hours and using artificial tears frequently to help improve the tear film and allow the eye to recover a bit. Does that make sense?
JACUSTOMER-pz3wc84d- :

This makes sense~ since it only happened after I came home from there~ two Doctors took my pressure this time and yet it never happened before~I was so happy that my pressure was so good~ and I did not have to go back for a while~ then this happened tonight~ would I skip my eye drops tonight~ in that eye anyway~it did burn when I put the contact in~maybe she should have told me to leave it out???

Doctor DanB : I think it probably happened whether or not you put the contact lens in. I would not skip your glaucoma drop, but just add frequent artificial tears and not put the contact back in until the eye feels better.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
JACUSTOMER-pz3wc84d- :

The only one is why did this happen to just one eye~she also said it would be too risky now to put an implant in~ yet Dr. Rick kept telling me to go and have it done~two different opinions I guess~I have three different drops at night to put in~ would that be okay~

JACUSTOMER-pz3wc84d- :

My eye is burning kind of I would call it and it is kind of scary~have you heard of this happen before~

Doctor DanB : Okay, this doesn't have anything to do with either having or not having the implant in. This happened to one eye because scratches rarely happen in pairs. It's usually an isolated event. Just as if you walked by a bush and scraped one arm. This is so common it's not even funny. I would not worry about it at all. Just do what I've recommended and if, for some reason, your eye isn't feeling better after 24-48 hrs, then call your eye doctor back.
JACUSTOMER-pz3wc84d- :

Thanks for your reassurance~then I should put all three eye drops in tonight??Sorry about bringing up the topic about an implant~off subject I realize~

Doctor DanB : No, problem. Yes, use your glaucoma drops as you normally do and add the artificial tears frequently.
JACUSTOMER-pz3wc84d- :

Thanks~

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Good luck and feel better. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry! 
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.